31.1.13

BOOK CLUB: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger

I have been neglecting my book club. The reason is that I wasn't particularly inspired by our last read, The Post Office by Charles Bukowski. The story can easily be summed up this way ... copious amounts of drinking, endless mail sorting and constant womanizing.

Our most recent book promises to be different. Considered one of the best books written about sports, Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger is a fitting read with the upcoming Super Bowl on Sunday. I'm not a football fan. To me, the game seems to always be in a state of interruption with its constant starting and stopping. I must be missing something. That said, I am a fan of the TV series Friday Night Lights (based on this book), which depicted the phenomenon that is high school football in rural Texas. I'm eager to see how the book compares ... and of course to learn more about who Coach Taylor really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...